Here, paying subscribers can cast a vote to the updates ISMET bylaws. The most important changes are:
- ISMET will have five Chapters (A-Africa, AP-Asia Pacific, EU-Europe, LA-Latin America, NA-Northern America) instead of three Chapters that will send equal representatives to the Board of Directors
- Two representatives per Chapter will be sent as the members to the Board of Directors that each serves for 4 years.
- Elections will take place for all Chapters (at the same time) every 2 years, all members of ISMET will vote for one Chapter, only. Here a transition period will be in place, for which in 2022 no elections would take place.
- The President stays outside of the regional representation and will be elected from the members of the Board of Directors, to serve 2 years as a President (meaning a maximum of 6 years in the Board) meaning the Board will have 10 members + 1 President
- The ISMET committees will be re-structured, the website and newsletter committee will be merged into Public engagement and outreach Committee.
- A code of conduct is introduced.
- ISMET Fellows are introduced.
Further, the Board of Directors has decided, given that the new bylaws are approved, that until 2028 the global ISMET meeting would be every three years from now on to allow sufficient time for the meetings of the regional chapters to take place.
This is why we need you taking action now! Approve the new bylaws below!
You must be logged-in to vote, and only one vote is allowed per active subscriber. The vote is active until 24.06, 12.00 PM (noon) GMT