Electro-Active is looking for a Bioelectrochemical Engineer to assist with the scale up of our microbial electrolysis system for sustaining high levels of hydrogen production from food waste. The position will lead and assist in the execution of experiments to optimize reactor operation and performance across different scales and reactor designs. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, experience in laboratory work related to microbiology/biochemical engineering, high attention to detail, and the capability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in sustainability and next-generation renewable energy technology as well as desire to work in a dynamic, fast-pace startup environment is a plus.
- Design new experiments to probe reactor systems and test a variety of conditions to optimize hydrogen production
- Execute research experiments by performing various laboratory protocols and procedures
- Prepare materials and reports on the results of experiments and progress on milestones
- Guide and train interns in the maintenance and operation of bioelectrochemical systems
- Ensure data quality and integrity of assigned experiments
- Background in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemical engineering, with experience working with bioreactor systems preferred
- Wet lab experience and knowledge of general laboratory and industrial safety and potential hazards including proper protective clothing, chemical containment and biosecurity
- Previous experience with bioelectrochemical systems including microbial fuel cells or microbial electrolysis cells is required
- DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with scale-up of MFCs or MECs
- Prototyping and hardware development experience
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline (e.g. Bioprocess Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Engineering,).
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Location: Knoxville, TN. Relocation package will be provided. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates with less experience may be considered for internship positions.
Institution contact information
Knoxville TN USA
Contact email address