The ISMET community warmly congratulates Dario Shaw for obtaining the 2020 ISMET Discovery Award for his work on an electro-annamox process (Nature Communications 2020) and Xi Chen for receiving the 2020 ISMET Innovation Award for her work on spontaneous hydrogen evolution in BES (Energy and Environmental Science 2020).
Dario is a PhD student in the group of Pascal Saikaly at the Water Desalination and Reuse Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia and Xi Chen is Postdoc in Jason Ren’s lab at Princeton University.
Dario Shaw et al. (2020). “Extracellular electron transfer-dependent anaerobic oxidation of ammonium by anammox bacteria”, Nat. Commun. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-16016-y
Xi Chen et al. (2019). “Electrical decoupling of microbial electrochemical reactions enables spontaneous H2 evolution” Energy Env. Science; https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2020/ee/c9ee02571e#!divAbstract
Congratulations to both! Well done!
Nomination for the ISMET Awards is open until July 30th 2019 (there will be no extension of the deadline)
- Best Scientific Paper Award
- Innovation Award for Best Technological advancement
Nominations for both ISMET Awards are to be sent before July 30th 2019 to the ISMET Awards committee at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by the Supervisor of the publication or work being nominated.
Papers or technical innovations eligible for the awards must be published between July 1st 2018 and June 30th 2019. See the awards section for detailed information.
The award nomination should contain the following:
- Full name and affiliation of the nominee.
- Full name and affiliation of the nominator.
- Statement that nominee was a postgraduate student or postdoctoral researcher or industry affiliate at the time of publication.
- Statement that the nominee and nominator are members of ISMET in good standing.
- For Discovery Award: An attachment with the publication for which the nominee is being nominated.
- For Innovation Award: Paper or relevant documentation describing the breakthrough technological innovation
Additional information is available at the awards section.